Friday, May 23, 2014

Behind the Mirror (Poem)

Here is a poem I wrote in November 2012, about the time I was waking up and realizing that I had no idea who I was, and no idea how I felt, and no idea what I needed. This is when I was coming out of the FOG, and I realized that everything I believed to be truth for me was actually not me, but the whims of others including parents, society, church, etc...

The Mirror

Mirror on the wall
tell me who I am
the answer to my question
is held in my reflection.
helps, but not the same.

I can’t feel me,
but I see me
Where is the map
to the image you reflect?

I am not there.
What I see is not me.
Mirrors and lights refract
like a prism in the air

try to hold it,
but I’m not there.
tell me who I am
tell me what you see

Am I here?
Do I exist?

I need a map to me.

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem and can really connect to the emotion and feelings in conveys. I look forward to seeing more and possibly a book published. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Tammy! I love being in the group with you. <3

    ReplyDelete