Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Zero Tolerance for Bad Behavior

One thing about me. I PUT UP WITH ZERO BAD BEHAVIOR from other people in my life. In all areas. I always have an escape hatch and I'll walk away from anyone, anything, any time and for any reason if I feel I am being abused, used, violated or disrespected. It wasn't easy to get here, but it surely feels good now that I am here. I don't care who it is... I don't care if you're the President of the United States or the cutest potential suitor who ever entered my life--I require that everyone in my presence respect me and respect my boundaries. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I cut-off people who are rude and disrespectful of my boundaries. If I find that they are sorry and willing to make amends and stop the bad behavior, then I will let them back in my life again, slowly. Everyone makes mistakes. 

But those people who abuse me using tactics such as triangulation, gas-lighting, silent treatment, alienation, baiting, bullying, drama, withdrawal, game playing, etc... These people are removed from my life without question. I say Buhbye. It is not hard because I have no tolerance for people who abuse me. Even if it's a client and I stand to lose $100,000. I will walk away in 2 seconds. NOTHING can make me stay in a situation where I am disrespected. NOTHING.

I listen to my gut and if my feelings feel as though I'm being disrespected or dragged into something that is not in my best interest, I bow out. No explanation is needed, though sometimes I'll speak my case. Sometimes it hurts like hell, especially if you adore the person, but no one is worth your SELF RESPECT. 

I can say that since I started this practice of eliminating the people who are hurting me from my life that my life has gotten increasingly better. LIKE WAYYYYYYYYY BETTER. Better than I could have ever imagined. Each person I cut out who was abusing me ended up bringing me joy times 100 in return. Cutting abusive, manipulative people out of your life makes your life worth living again.
Some of the hardest people to say bye to were family members, and to do that, I had to have the help of a therapist. However, the people who were hardest to say goodbye to made me stronger to say bye to the easy ones, like the client who keeps trying to belittle me, dangle the carrot of money in my face or put me in triangles.

GET INFORMED as to what abuse tactics are so you can cut people off who use it. Your life will be SO MUCH BETTER. I am living proof!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment