It's been a while since I've posted, not for lack of material. Lack of time. I've been in DEEP HEALING mode every single day this year; learning an extraordinary amount of information about how to truly love yourself. I've implemented much in my own life--my life is undergoing dramatic transformation.
I've been in a deep state of Self Love, going deeper and farther into the concept than I ever dreamed, learning the essence of loving yourself and finding that self condemnation hides in the cracks and crevices of the mind, body, feelings, behavior and actions.
One of the ways I've been taking care of myself is writing just for myself. Not blogging it. Not sharing it. In many instances not even discussing it with a human being. I write in my journal, really letting the data soak in so I can apply it to my own life. I'm saving it all and hoping to put it in my book (to be released once I'm to that point in my transformation).
What I've been learning is a lot about schemas, or as Abraham Hicks would say, the grid--similar to your mindset. Your SCHEMA is something that you use to process the vast information around you. Your schema is the template you use to make quick decisions in your life and your relationships.
Your Schema is your template. If you grew up in a dysfunctional way, you likely have a damaged schema, or what psychotherapists call "maladaptive schema." Your schema holds all your core beliefs. If you accidentally believed a lie as a child (or several lies), then you likely have a schema that needs healing.
When a schema is healed you go from a negative core belief, "I am bad," to a more ADAPTIVE SCHEMA which is, "I am okay." The trick is, how do you go from a negative core belief--the deepest part of your being--to a positive one? How does this happen? Is it really possible?
Yes. It is possible and I've found the pathway to achieving a reversal of the lie at the root of your soul that says:
- You are defective.
- You are disconnected and alone.
- You are not enough.
- You are incompetent.
- You are a failure.
- You will die of some horrible disease.
- You are beneath other people.
- You must surrender to bossy people.
- You can't stand up to people or you'll be rejected.
- You must be nice to everyone no matter what.
- Maladaptive schemas derive from unmet needs in childhood.
- Healed schemas are called "Adaptive Schemas."
- Negative schemas fill in the gap between you and the childhood development need that was never met.
- Maladaptive Schemas are negative conclusions that you made about yourself, others and life in general as a result of getting the wrong messages about your worth when you were a child.
- There are 12 primary schemas.
- Which negative schema you have determines that level of damage that needs to be healed.
- Each negative schema is pervasive and impacts all your thoughts, actions, decisions, feelings, EVERYTHING.
- If you continue to operate as if the negative core beliefs you have are true, then you will continue to manifest negative results.
- "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." Core beliefs are the ultimate level that you may need to change if you have any doubts about your worth, value or capabilities.
- Healing your schema is very difficult, but will change your life on multiple levels.
- Healing your schema involves arguing logically with the initial core belief, presenting evidence to yourself of your worth and value that your mind is currently ignoring...
- Healing from the maladaptive schemas you've adopted requires that you do several things, including make changes to behavior which perpetuates the negativity in your life.
It's a beautiful thang. ;-)
Much love and respect towards you, my friend...
(c) Jenna Ryan - All Rights Reserved